The following is an update provided by Public Health Englandon the supply situation for vaccines purchased direct from the manufacturers (e.g. for travel and risk groups):
Diphtheria, Tetanus and Poliomyelitis (inactivated) Vaccine
- Sanofi Pasteur: Limited supplies of Revaxis are available. There are likely to be order restrictions in place for travellers. Please contact Sanofi Pasteur for information regarding availability. Sanofi Pasteur Tel: 0148 350 5515.
The global shortage of hepatitis B vaccine continues and supply constraints in the UK have become critical, limitations on supply are likely to continue until early 2018.
To ensure vaccine availability for those at highest and most immediate risk of exposure to hepatitis B, ordering restrictions are in place and vaccine is being supplied according to the risk-based prioritisation categories detailed in the PHE temporary guidance available here
Hep B Adult:
- GSK: Limited supplies of Engerix B PFS singles are available.
- GSK: Engerix B PFS packs of 10 are currently unavailable until late 2017.
- GSK: Limited supplies of Engerix B vials are available.
- GSK: Limited supplies of Fendrix are available.
- MSD: Limited supplies of HBVAXPRO 10μg are available from week commencing 25 September.
- MSD: Limited supplies of HBVAXPRO 40μg are available.
Hep B Paediatric:
- GSK: Engerix B Paediatric singles will be unavailable in August and experience constrained supply for the remainder of 2017.
- MSD: Limited supplies of HBVAXPRO 5μg are available.
Hepatitis A Vaccine
Hep A Adult:
- GSK: Havrix PFS singles and Havrix PFS packs of 10 are currently unavailable and are unlikely to be available until 2018.
- Sanofi Pasteur: Avaxim is currently unavailable. Please contact Sanofi Pasteur for information regarding availability of a Hepatitis A vaccine.
- MSD: VAQTA is unavailable until mid-October. There will be restricted supplies for the remainder of 2017.
Hepatitis A Paediatric:
- GSK: Havrix Paediatric singles will be unavailable until late October 2017. There will be restricted supply of this vaccine for the remainder of 2017.
- GSK: Havrix Paediatric packs of 10 will experience supply constraints for the remainder of 2017.
- MSD: VAQTA Paediatric is unavailable until mid-October.
Combined Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B Vaccine
- GSK: Supplies of the adult presentation (Twinrix) and paediatric presentation (Twinrix Paediatric)will be constrained until late 2017.
- GSK: Ambirix is currently available.
Combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid
- GSK: Hepatyrix is unavailable until at least 2019.
- Sanofi Pasteur: limited supplies of Viatim are available. It is likely there will be order restrictions in place .
- GSK: Typherix is unavailable until at least 2019.
- Sanofi Pasteur: Typhim is available with no order restrictions.
- PaxVax: Vivotif is available.
- GSK: Rabipur is available.
- Sanofi Pasteur: licensed Rabies Vaccine BP is currently unavailable for daily sales. For more information contact Sanofi Pasteur.
- GSK Tel: 0208 047 5000
- Sanofi Pasteur Tel: 0148 350 5515
- MSD Tel: 0199 245 2094
- PaxVax Tel: 0152 521 7516