The following is an update provided by Public Health England on the supply situation for vaccines purchased direct from the manufacturers (e.g. for travel and risk groups):
The global shortage of hepatitis B vaccine continues and supply constraints in the UK have become critical, limitations on supply are likely to continue until early 2018.
To ensure vaccine availability for those at highest and most immediate risk of exposure to hepatitis B, ordering restrictions are in place and vaccine is being supplied according to the risk-based prioritisation categories detailed in the PHE temporary guidance available here
Hep B Adult:
- GSK: Engerix B PFS singles will experience supply constraints until September, and will then be unavailable until early 2018.
- GSK: Engerix B PFS packs of 10 are currently unavailable until late 2017.
- GSK: Engerix B vials are available, however supplies are limited.
- GSK: Fendrix is available but may be constrained if demand remains high.
- MSD: HBVAXPRO 10μg is unavailable until early September.
- MSD: HBVAXPRO 40μg is unavailable until late August.
Hep B Paediatric:
- GSK: Engerix B Paediatric singles will be unavailable in August and experience constrained supply for the remainder of 2017.
- GSK: Ambirix is available but supply is constrained for the remainder of 2017.
- MSD: HBVAXPRO 5μg: Limited stocks are currently available.
Hepatitis A Vaccine
Hep A Adult:
- GSK: Havrix PFS singles and Havrix PFS packs of 10 are currently unavailable and are unlikely to be available until 2018.
- Sanofi Pasteur: limited supplies of Avaxim are available. It is likely there will be order restrictions in place.
- MSD: A limited supply of VAQTA Adult is available with some stock being delivered mid-September. There will be restricted supplies of VAQTA for the remainder of 2017.
Hepatitis A Paediatric:
- GSK: Havrix Paediatric singles will be unavailable until October 2017. There will be restricted supply of this vaccine for the remainder of 2017.
- GSK: Havrix Paediatric packs of 10 will experience supply constraints for the remainder of 2017.
- MSD: VAQTA Paediatric is unavailable until mid-October.
Combined Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B Vaccine
- GSK: Supplies of the adult presentation (Twinrix) and paediatric presentation (Twinrix Paediatric) will be constrained until late 2017.
- GSK: Ambirix is currently available.
Combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid
- GSK: Hepatyrix is unavailable until at least 2019.
- Sanofi Pasteur: ViATim is currently unavailable. Supplies are likely to become available from October.
- GSK: Typherix is unavailable until at least 2019.
- Sanofi Pasteur: Typhim is available with no order restrictions.
- PaxVax: Vivotif is available.
- GSK: Rabipur is available.
- Sanofi Pasteur: licensed Rabies Vaccine BP is out of stock. For more information contact Sanofi Pasteur.
Diphtheria, Tetanus and Poliomyelitis (inactivated) Vaccine
- Sanofi Pasteur: Revaxis is available with no order restrictions.
- GSK Tel: 0208 047 5000
- Sanofi Pasteur Tel: 0148 350 5515
- MSD Tel: 0199 245 2094
- PaxVax Tel: 0152 521 7516