The following is an update provided by Public Health England on the supply situation for vaccines purchased direct from the manufacturers (e.g. for travel and risk groups):
Hepatitis A Adult
- GSK: Havrix PFS singles are currently available, however, there may be supply
constraints between June and July.
- GSK: Havrix PFS x 10 packs are unavailable until 2018.
- Sanofi Pasteur: limited supplies of Avaxim are available. Contact Sanofi Pasteur for more information.
- MSD: VAQTA is unavailable until late June.
Hepatitis A Paediatric
- GSK: Paediatric doses of Havrix Monodose are available.
- MSD: VAQTA Paediatric is unavailable until late August.
Hepatitis B Adult
- GSK: Engerix B PFS singles are available, packs of 10 are unavailable until 2018.
- GSK: Engerix B vials singles and packs of 10 are available.
- MSD: HBVAXPRO 10μg is unavailable until late July.
- MSD: HBVAXPRO 40μg is in stock but ordering restrictions are in place until mid-July.
Hepatitis B Paediatric
- GSK: Engerix B Paediatric is available.
- MSD: HBVAXPRO 5μg is in stock but ordering restrictions are in place until early July.
Combined Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B Vaccine
- GSK: Supplies of the adult presentation (Twinrix) and paediatric presentation (Ambirix) remain available.
Combined Hepatitis A and Typhoid:
- GSK: Hepatyrix is unavailable until 2019.
- Sanofi Pasteur: ViATim is currently unavailable. There will be intermittent supply
from now until late October. Supply should be more stable from late 2017.
- GSK: Typherix is currently available in packs of 10. This stock has an expiry date
of August 2017 and will be available to purchase until the end of May.
- Sanofi Pasteur: Typhim in packs of 10 are available. There are supply constraints
with the single presentation and it is likely there will be order restrictions. Contact
Sanofi Pasteur for more information.
- PaxVax: Vivotif is available.
- GSK: Rabipur is now available in a new pre-filled syringe presentation. Both pre-filled syringes are vial presentations are available.
- Sanofi Pasteur: licensed Rabies Vaccine BP is out of stock.
Diphtheria, Tetanus and Poliomyelitis (inactivated) Vaccine
- Sanofi Pasteur: there are limited supplies of Revaxis available. Supply should
be more stable from July 2017.
If hospitals are having any problems getting Revaxis outside of the national programme through wholesalers, they can place an order (with no restrictions) directly with Sanofi by either calling 0800 854 430.
Further information, including advice on prioritising vaccine during shortages, is available in the PHE Vaccine update issue 263, May 2017