The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow announce the forthcoming launch of the Royal College Membership Diploma of Travel Medicine from the Faculty of Travel Medicine.
The Faculty has gained an International reputation of excellence in the field of travel medicine not least through the delivery of the Diploma in Travel Medicine which has run successfully for more than 15 years. Taking full advantage of that experience the Faculty are delighted to offer this new, exciting package incorporating education, examination and membership – another Glasgow 'world first' in travel medicine.
The Royal College Membership Diploma of Travel Medicine comprises:
- the Membership Diploma in Travel Medicine preparatory course*
- complimentary Faculty of Travel Medicine Affiliate Membership for the duration of learning
- entrance to Membership of Faculty of Travel Medicine Examinations – Part A and Part B
- on successful completion of Part A and Part B examinations, award of the Royal College Membership Diploma in Travel Medicine and eligibility to join the Faculty as a full member with full membership benefits.
*The exam preparatory course incorporates a one-week residential component followed by 27 weeks of online learning. Participants are expected to invest about 10 hours of study a week to gain the level of knowledge required to achieve the best possible chance of success in the examination.
- Research, critical analysis and study skills
- Risk assessment; providing a travel service
- Women and children travellers; female genital mutilation (FGM)
- Travellers with underlying health problems; flying; cruise travel
- Sun; altitude; effects of cold; expeditions and adventure travel
- Impact of tourism on host countries; global health
- Accidents; swimming; snorkelling and scuba diving
- Psychological issues; migrant help; medical tourism
- The returned traveller
Four day residential week incorporating:
- Lectures from experts in the field
- Interactive workshops
- Personal advisor introductions
- Introduction to online learning resources
- Examination techniques
- Case studies
- Compiling a portfolio
- 12 modules
- Optional written assignments
- Compilation of a portfolio
- Practice multiple choice questions
- Case studies
- Reflective practice
- Personal advisor
- Access to the College library and resources
- Access to the TRAVAX website
This is a unique opportunity for travel medicine practitioners to take full advantage of all that the RCPSG has to offer by becoming part of this multidisciplinary college established over 400 years ago - and with members in more than 80 countries across the world - whilst experiencing modern and innovative learning.
For further information please access the RCPSG website or contact the courses administrator at:
T: +44 (0) 141 221 6072